Friday, May 13, 2011

There's an actual baby in there!!!

Yesterday was our NT scan and blood work. Nate and I were both sooo excited and nervous! My mom had planned to come as well, but she wasn't feeling good so it was just the two of us.

The thing I was most nervous about was waiting to hear if the baby was okay... last time the tech didn't say ANYTHING to me and the wait was torture, but yesterday as soon as the tech put the camera on my belly, she was like "Oh this is going to be a difficult baby. He's all curled up and moving around like crazy!" It was such a huge relief to hear that! Also, all that movement coincided with the weird vibrations/bubbles I feel. So I think it really is baby I am feeling! I forgot to ask about where the placenta is located, so I will have to ask my doctor.

For the whole ultrasound, baby proved to be stubborn and uncooperative. Hmm, kind of sounds like his mom maybe?? ;-) At one point, I had to press on my belly to see if I could get him to move, and when I did, he scooted right down to where he needed to be and stretched out. The tech said it was really funny because it looked like I startled him into behaving. Awww!!!

After she got the right measurements, I waited on the table for a good 10 minutes while she showed the doctor. Finally, she brought Nate in, who looked really nervous. I think he was worried because it took so long. He told me after he was scared they forgot about him and wouldn't let him see... I told him there's no way I would have let that happen!

To get the best "take home" picture, the tech used the good old cooter cam. By this time, baby was tired out from all his acrobatics, so he just lay there squirming a bit. It was so neat to see! He looks like an actual little baby! The tech couldn't get a good "potty" shot to see if there was an indication of gender, but since I think it's a boy, I'm calling our baby a he until we find out. We will be so thrilled either way!

Baby was measuring 6.5 cm from crown to rump, with a good heart rate of 161. The length put me at 12 weeks 6 days (I was 12 week 4 days according to the last ultrasound), which means I am now 13 weeks today! The NT measurement was 1.6 which is well within the normal range.

And now, for baby's first real picture. You can see he has his arm up over his head, and you can even see his little fingers. So cute! We are in love.



After the ultrasound we had to go downstairs for my blood work, which took forever. All we wanted to do was go home and look at our picture (they gave it to us on CD) and finally announce on Facebook that we were pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment