Sunday, September 4, 2011

29 Weeks


Wow, I can't believe I am 29 weeks! It's so close and so far at the same time.

We had our latest OB appointment on Friday, and everything is great. I don't have Gestational Diabetes (YAY!) and my blood pressure and weight gain is good. Baby has a strong heartbeat (145 bpm; I love that sound) and the only thing of slight concern is that my uterus is measuring about 32-33 weeks. I'm going for a growth ultrasound in a couple of weeks to check our little guy's size. He could be bigger than average (well he sure has chubby cheeks already so it's possible!), or, I could have more fluid than normal. My doctor also said it could just be the way I'm carrying him. So we'll see. I'm not too worried. I am however going to pay attention to cutting down on the carbs and sugar GD or not. If he is big, I don't want him packing on unnecessary weight.

Last night I had my first minor scare this pregnancy. I started to get really crampy and felt like I had pretty bad period cramps as well as some back cramping. I had been hot and sweaty all day, and was probably a bit on the dehydrated side, so I drank a ton of water and laid down. I tried to time the cramps and thankfully they were all over the place so not regular contractions. It was very uncomfortable but not exactly painful, and I fully planned on calling my MIL (L&D nurse at our hospital) if they progressed but thankfully they stopped after about 30-45 minutes. It did make me realize however, that I am totally unprepared for how bad labour is gonna hurt! I really really hope I get to be one of those lucky women who have a quick and easy labour when baby is full term and ready to come out. I can dream right??

No comments:

Post a Comment