Monday, January 31, 2011

*Sniff Sniff*

On Friday I started sniffing Suprefact 5 times a day, as well as taking low dose aspirin. That means that in 3 weeks we will be in Calgary! I'm so excited; it almost feels like we're planning a vacation. Of course at the same time I am terrified, but I am really trying to stay positive instead of letting that fear take over and stress me out. I listened to an IVF relaxation CD last time we cycled, and I think I will begin using that again soon to help.

On Thursday night I was actually really looking forward to starting the Suprefact because it meant we were finally starting this cycle... However, I had forgotten a couple of things. One, it tastes really really bad. Anyone who has ever had to use nasal spray of any kind will know what I mean. It's kind of like squirting some very potent perfume up your nose and no matter what you drink/eat, the taste remains. Ick. Secondly, taking anything 5 times a day, especially something you have to squirt up your nose, is a pain in the ass. I have alarms set on my phone to remind me, but it always seems I need to take it when I'm right in the middle of something or with someone. All in all not a big deal; just things I overlooked in my excitement. I have gone through much worse than this (and will again I am sure) on our quest to become parents. The good news is that in a couple of weeks I will get to reduce it to 3 times a day, which is no big deal at all.

Now I'm looking forward to starting the needles, which I am sure I will change my mind about shortly as well. Hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment