Monday, October 3, 2011

Letter to my baby

To my precious baby boy,

I have been carrying you inside of me for 33 and a half weeks now. I am happy to report that being pregnant with you is a complete joy... It was getting you in that was the hard part. Though I have a feeling that getting you out won't be such a cakewalk either! ;-)

I am constantly amazed by the love I already have for you. You have been wanted for so very long, and with every nudge, wiggle, or hiccup, I fall in love with you even more. I could never have imagined how strong this love is. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. And it almost scares me to think of how even more intense that feeling will be when you arrive into this world.

In a few short weeks, we will finally meet face to face and I will get to kiss those chubby little cheeks and smell your intoxicating baby smell. In the meantime, I content myself with feeling your little feet as they poke my stomach and cupping your tiny little bum that is usually nestled into my side.

My every thought seems to be completely consumed by you (especially when you practice those ninja moves in such cramped quarters!) and what it will be like to finally hold you in my arms. It feels surreal to think that I will be holding you in 4-6 weeks from now. There are so many things I can't wait to experience with you and to watch you experience... And at the same time I want time to slow down so that I don't miss these last few weeks or even one moment of your precious newborn phase.

You should know that I'm not the only one who can't wait to meet you. Your dad is beside himself with anticipation and excitement, and I already know your Gramma Sam is going to be constantly trying to get her hands on you. She is positively giddy at the thought! Your other Grandma and Grandpa are beyond excited too, as well as all of your aunts and uncles. You are one loved, much anticipated baby already.

As much as I want to meet you (SO BADLY!!) I want you to stay inside until you are nice and strong and ready to greet the world. I can wait. However, if you could please make your appearance soon after your due date at the very latest, I would sure appreciate it. As you will learn, your good old mom is not the most patient person in the world.

I love you my baby boy, and the happiest day of my life will be the day you arrive into the world with a big, hearty cry and your daddy and I hold you in our arms. Until then, keep growing big and strong.

Love always,

Mama
Xo

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful Katie. It made me teary. ;) That baby boy is one lucky, lucky child to have you as his mom. [...hugs...]

    ReplyDelete