Monday, February 21, 2011

Go follies go!!

So today was my second day at the clinic, this time for both bloodwork and ultrasound. We arrived at 7:40 (the clinic opens at 8) only to find it was already open and there were about 5 women already in front of us! I didn't have to wait long for blood work or the ultrasound, and I had Dr. Wong again today who I love. He has a great bedside manner! He counted 14 on the right still, and they were all staying close to the same size, about 12 and 14 mm. I also had about 3 on the left side that were keeping up, which never happened last time (they stayed smaller). He told me I would likely be staying on the same 150 dosage of Gonal F, but then later today they called to let me know I would need to drop it to 112.5 of Gonal F and no Luveris (Yes!!! No more mixing stingy injections!). I didn't ask as the nurse seemed rushed, but I'm guessing my E2 (estrogen) levels were high again.

We go back on Wednesday morning for more bloodwork and an ultrasound. So far this cycle has been quite different from the last... I was on 150 of Gonal F and 75 of Luveris for most of my cycle (2 days on 178.5 after a slow start at 150). This time I'm on less on only day 7, and things are progressing faster. Dr. Wong thinks starting out at a higher dose from the get go might have started things faster, which is good. Don't want to overcook those eggs!

Tomorrow I have a 2:15 appointment at the Holistic Institute of Health & Fertility. I've booked a relaxation massage and Reiki treatment, and I'm going to discuss other IVF treatment-helping options as well. I'm really looking forward to it!

Today has been a lazy day, I have noticed I am easily tired the last couple of days so I had a major nap today. I will update more tomorrow after the massage & Reiki!

No comments:

Post a Comment