Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Let the poking begin!

So after an agonizing wait, the IVF nurse called around 2:45 and asked if I had my ultrasound yesterday. WTF??? Of course I did (!), and the imaging lab even said they had it marked as STAT so the results would be faxed over yesterday. Apparently the lab has other ideas as to what STAT means. I gave the nurse the lab's number, and thankfully she tracked down my results.

She called me back to say everything looked good to start the shots, and they weren't concerned about my RFC (resting follicle count). I'm relieved we won't be delayed, but I'm still a bit nervous in the back of my mind about how many eggs and embryos we will get. As long as it's the same as last time or better, I am more than okay with that! I am just going to stay positive, and start my IVF relaxation mp3s tonight.

Because I had taken my Suprefact this morning (7 am and 11 am), I am to skip the 3 pm dose and take my last doe of the day at 9 pm. Then, tomorrow, I will be taking it at 7 am, 3 pm, and 11 pm until we finish with injections. I am just happy it's now 3 times a day instead of 5!

And I just took my first shots of Gonal F (187.5 iu) and Luveris (75 iu). The Gonal F is easy; it's a pre-loaded pen and a monkey could do it. The Luveris is a bit trickier, as it requires mixing and leaves more room for human error, but I took my time and it all started to come back to me. I'm sure I'll be a pro at shooting it up in no time. The best part: no ouchies! I didn't feel either needle and no burning, so yay!!

The last thing to be started is the antibiotics that both Nate and I have to take. We start those tonight, and now I can finally get on with the work I need to finish and start packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment